Single Mommy trying to find my place in this crazy world. Random thoughts, pics, videos etc that pop in my head along the way. Maybe some DIY ideas, recipes, and reviews as well. Followed by a pinch of spice to keep it interesting.



Sunday, September 2, 2012

Daddy's New Girlfriend

Well, I had to deal with one of the things I’ve been dreading for awhile this weekend.  Having my daughter meet her daddy’s new girlfriend.  Fun times…NOT!  While its hard enough to deal with it in general it didn’t help that I had to find out from Makenna.  She came home from spending the day with him and said, “Mommy I had fun with Daddy and Bridgette today”.  To say I was shocked would be an understatement  I asked him what he was doing with her that day and not once did he ever mention her meeting his new girlfriend.  I immediately questioned him as to what Makenna was talking about and when he confirmed it and brushed it off as nothing, I snapped.  Told him he needed to get the hell out of my house and that any trust he’d earned with me was now gone.  He tried to argue back but eventually followed my wishes and left without starting a fight since we both agreed not to fight in front of our daughter.   He called me later and told me I was too confusing.  That I claim I want him to move on and date and then when he does I get upset.  He missed the entire direction of my anger.  I wasn’t mad he was dating.  This is the girl I’ve been telling him that he should settle down with in the first place.  I was mad that he had Makenna meet her so soon.  He knows how I feel about her meeting any of his girlfriends.   I want him to be in a serious relationship with someone and as far as I knew from what he had told me Bridgette was not serious.  Hell, as far as I knew he was single according to what he told me.  So to find out in one night he wasn’t single and that my daughter met her without me knowing was a huge deal.  He attempted to tell me it was a last minute thing and that she just happened to show up to the mall but I know how Lamonte works so I know that was not true.  He was throwing too much of a fit about how badly he wanted Makenna specifically on that day.  He is never that pushy about having Makenna so I already had a feeling something was up that day.  After a lot of thinking and time I know this is just a situation I will need to get use to.  One thing is for sure, I made it very clear to him that in the future this can no longer happen until he truly is with someone serious.  And at that point he needs to let me know before it happens.  Hopefully what he says now about being serious with this new one is actually true.  I want to see him settle down and be happy and I want him to be more stable.  Makenna needs stability.  While I’ve learned a lot from this experience its hitting me even more how difficult co-parenting can be.  I really just hope it gets on the same page as me as far as honesty goes.  The trust is completely gone with him and I and I’m not sure how long it will be before we get it back.  The only plus side to all of this is that Makenna seemed to really like Bridgette.  She said she was really nice and fun.  As a mother that definitely helps calm the nerves knowing your child was happy with the person they were around.  Maybe he’s finally getting it right and picking a nice woman to be with.  Guess we’ll see how this goes….

No comments:

Post a Comment