Single Mommy trying to find my place in this crazy world. Random thoughts, pics, videos etc that pop in my head along the way. Maybe some DIY ideas, recipes, and reviews as well. Followed by a pinch of spice to keep it interesting.



Thursday, January 10, 2013

Anyone Who Says Weight Loss Is Easy Has Never Been Fat!

Well I’m one week in to my Weight Watcher’s program and I’ve lost 4.5lbs.  There is the proof I needed that this program really does work.  I very pleased with my decision to join again.  This next week I will concentrate more on mixing in some fitness with my daily schedule.  I’ll be taking advantage of the two 15 minute breaks we’re allowed and use that time to walk around the building a few times.  Since I’m trying to cut back on personal calls at work this will be a good opportunity to talk to friends while getting some exercise.  Now that I’m no longer going out to eat during lunch I’ll also have an extra hour during the day for the gym.  Hopefully this transition will run a little smoother than my diet has.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the WW program.  However it definitely isn’t easy when you’re cutting your caloric intake in half.  What has been even more difficult is realizing just how many extra calories I have been consuming.  No wonder I haven’t lost anything in so long.  I will say this about losing weight, whoever says its easy has never been FAT!  The first few nights I felt like I was STARVING.   Two things I quickly learned:
1)      Go to bed earlier.  The later I’m up the more time I have to give in and have a late night snack. 
2)      I must not be eating the right type of calories.  I need to pick more filling items so that I’m not constantly hungry.
Oh and temptation is everywhere I turn.  I’m realizing that my mother, the person I want to be my biggest supporter is actually my biggest enemy.  She goes out to eat all the time and this week decided to make brownies.  The one thing I’ve never been able to say no to.  Then today she invited me to Chuys (Mexican food).  Really?  She claims she’s proud of me and that she hopes I continue doing well but is she really happy for me?  It sure doesn’t feel like it.  I guess I shouldn’t complain and just be proud that I’ve declined all of her offers & temptations.  Still, this is something I really should discuss with her since I’m around her so much.  The good news is that I at least have a good support system at work.  My boss has already lost 40lbs on WW and she is right here for me to kick my butt when she thinks I might be having a bad day.  And so begins week 2….

No comments:

Post a Comment