Single Mommy trying to find my place in this crazy world. Random thoughts, pics, videos etc that pop in my head along the way. Maybe some DIY ideas, recipes, and reviews as well. Followed by a pinch of spice to keep it interesting.



Monday, October 1, 2012

Roger's Visit

Roger (Nick’s father) came to visit this past weekend and we had a great time catching up.  I still can’t believe Nick has been gone 5 years.  It feels like just yesterday we were visiting him at Austin Hospice, saying our goodbyes.  Needless to say this visit from Roger was bittersweet.  I see so much of Nick in him.  We caught up on old times and went through all of Nick’s old stuff so that Roger could take a few items back to Connecticut with him.  While it was hard for me I could tell it was even harder for my mother.  I’m not sure she’s ever truly receive the closure she needs but I hope someday that she does.  My closer came much easier.  The day Nick passed away was all the closer that I needed.   To see him finally out of pain and no longer suffering was all I needed.  I will agree that cancer is a horrible disease however I’m gracious it allowed us all time to share our feelings with Nick and make as many memories with him as possible knowing it would be our last.  The last year he was in my  life was the most fulfilling.  Our talks were so honest & pure.  Unlike most of the conversations we have with others we knew everything said was genuine and hid nothing.  He gave me the good & the bad and I did the same.  When you know your end date it’s amazing how much more you appreciate the small things.  Ugh, enough about all this.  Getting emotional and I’m on my break at work so this is not the time to go any more in depth on the subject.  To conclude, we ended last night at Oasis for Salsa Night.  So much fun and the view was absolutely beautiful.  Makenna was able to dance with her GrandPop (that’s what she called him) and we were able to enjoy his last here with good food & lots of laughs.  Great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment