Single Mommy trying to find my place in this crazy world. Random thoughts, pics, videos etc that pop in my head along the way. Maybe some DIY ideas, recipes, and reviews as well. Followed by a pinch of spice to keep it interesting.



Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Morning WakeUp Call

Was woken up this morning from a text from Makenna’s daddy.  He was going to be heading out of town for a week but wanted to stop by and see her before she went to daycare. At first I was irritated bc let’s face it, I’m not a morning person but once he got there my mood really improved.  It was nice having him there first thing when she woke up, eating breakfast together and just spending time with our daughter.  Trying to tackle brushing that crazy hair of hers and chasing her around to get her ready was more enjoyable with his help.  I’m hoping with time co-parenting will get even easier.  Our relationship is in a much better place than it was.  The only problem would be our communication when we have disagreements.  He still explodes, however I’ve finally learned to chill out.  When he gets mad and starts saying things I know he doesn’t mean I just let it go and ignore him.  That’s a first.  My old self would fight right back and say things even meaner than he had in order to hurt his feelings.  Extremely childish but he has just always had a way of getting under my skin.  He said today that we both know exactly what to say/do to drive the other crazy and he couldn’t have been more right.  The fact that we have so much love for each other is a gift and a curse.  It’s great when it comes to making up but when we’re fighting it adds so much emotion that our agreements can be very heated.  Still, we’re both continuing to make progress and always keep the most important person first, Makenna.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment