Single Mommy trying to find my place in this crazy world. Random thoughts, pics, videos etc that pop in my head along the way. Maybe some DIY ideas, recipes, and reviews as well. Followed by a pinch of spice to keep it interesting.



Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No more fried food!!!

I’ve been looking for some motivation to kick start my weight loss journey again.  I’m not sure why being out of breath during our dance contest this weekend wasn’t enough or the fact that my clothes aren’t fitting so great these days.  Anyhow, we went to dinner last night at a southern restaurant.  That means there was chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, the only veggie I had was covered with cheese and of course lots of bread swallowed by a glass of sweet tea.  Sounds like heaven to some but not for the girl who still has a ton of weight to lose. My mom and I decided to split a plate so I will admit that helped cut a few calories but let’s face it, not the best choice for dinner.   I left feeling overly stuffed and then started having stomach issues when I got home. Tried going to bed early to see if I could sleep it off but I was sick in the bathroom by 11:30pm.  As I prayed to the porcelain Gods for the last time at 4am I suddenly realized something. Yes, it was a light bulb moment.  After a night of fattening fried food….here was my motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment